Bacon is a popular food in Western breakfast. In China, it is most popularly cooked with xingbao mushrooms, one of the most common used in China.
- 7 strips of bacon
- 2 xingbao mushrooms
- 1 tsp oyster oil
- 10g butter
- black pepper powder
- basil leaves
- Clean the xingbao mushrooms and cut them into long strips. Place them in a microwave-safe glass bowl with some hot water. Cover with a lid and microwave for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mushrooms to cold water. Remove them and spread them on paper towel to dry.
- Garnish the mushrooms with oyster oil and black pepper powder. Toss to coat evenly.
- Lay out the strips of bacon. Place two mushroom slices on each and roll them up. Use a toothpick to hold the roll together.
- Put the mushroom bacon rolls onto a baking plate. Butter each roll and season with black pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes. Flip the rolls and bake another 8 minutes.
- Serves the rolls on a bed of basil leaves.