Taiwanese pork rice is a popular dish in southern China. The pork is not greasy and tastes salty and sweet. The rice is rich with syrup and often includes an egg.
- 300g bacon
- 1/2 onion
- light soy sauce
- dark soy sauce
- Boil two eggs. Peel the eggs and let them cool.
- Boil the bacon. When the fat collects in white bubbles on the water, remove the bacon and cut it into small squares. Cut the onion into small squares and mince the ginger.
- Heat some oil in the pan. Cook the bacon. When the fat in the meat starts to melt, add the onion and minced ginger. Cook until the onion is half cooked.
- Add two spoons of dark soy sauce, two spoons of light soy sauce and one spoon of sugar. Add water to cover the meat. Add the eggs and the cinnamon.
- Boil for half an hour. When the mixture thickens, turn off the flame. Remove the meat and the egg and pour the juice over the rice.