Yansu chicken (salty and crispy chicken) is a popular Taiwanese dish. Many restaurants and shops throughout Beijing have attempted to bring this island favorite to the big city.
But if you live too far from these restaurants or want to recreate the taste of Taiwan at home, you can try this recipe. The most important step is to thoroughly marinate the chicken.
- 3 chicken legs
- 5g salt
- 5g green onion
- 5g ginger
- 5g light soy sauce
- 5g huangjiu
- 3g white pepper powder
- 5g sweet potato starch
- 3g pepper salt
- 3g sugar
- white sesame
- Clean the chicken legs. Remove the bones and cube the meat. Clean the green onion and ginger and cut it into shreds.
- Place the chicken squares in a bowl. Add the huangjiu, light soy sauce, sugar, white pepper powder, ginger and green onion shreds. Stir the chicken and the seasonings. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- When the chicken has absorbed the flavor, roll each cube in the sweet potato starch.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Before the oil boils, add the chicken squares to the oil one by one. Stir to prevent them from sticking.
- Remove when the chicken turns golden. Garnish with white sesame seeds.