Sanbeiji, or Sanbei chicken, is a popular Taiwanese dish. Sanbei is a method of cooking that refers to the use of three cups: one cup of sesame oil, one cup of rice wine and one cup of soy sauce.
Sanbeiji is often served in restaurants but it’s also easy to make at home.
- 500g chicken leg
- 15g dried mushroom
- 15g basil leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4g sugar
- 4 pcs ginger
- 5 pcs garlic
- 1g salt
- black sesame oil
- Clean the dried mushroom. Soak it in water and remove the stem. Clean the chicken legs and cut into segments. Clean the basil leaves.
- Add black sesame oil to the pan. Begin heating it, and add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the chicken legs. Add the rice wine when the color of the chicken legs changes.
- Add mushrooms, soy sauce and sugar. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce to a low flame and cook 30 minutes.
- When the meat on the chicken legs begins to soften, add salt to taste. Add the basil leaves and cook 20 seconds. Pour sesame oil on the chicken legs and cook another 15 seconds.