Jingjiang sousi, Beijing style sweet bean paste shredded pork, is one of the most famous local dishes and a regular offering at any formal banquet. Jingjiang rousi is often rolled in pieces of tofu.
- 150g pork
- ½ cucumber
- 1 sheet tofu skin
- green onion
- 1 tsp sweet bean paste
- 2 pieces ginger
- 1 spoon oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp yellow wine
- 1 tsp starch
- Clean the pork and cut it into thin shreds. Combine the pork shreds with salt, starch and yellow wine to marinate.
- Cut the green onion and cucumber into thin shreds. Add two spoons of water to dilute the sweet bean paste.
- Boil a big piece of tofu skin in hot water. Remove the tofu skin and cut it into small squares. Fold the tofu squares into a triangle shape and place them on the plate.
- Cut the ginger into shreds. Heat the oil in the pan and cook the ginger.
- When the ginger becomes fragrant, add the shredded pork into the pan. Pour the sweet bean paste over it and cook.
- Add the green onion and cucumber shreds to the tofu square. Place the cooked pork on top.
- Roll the pork in a square of tofu skin with some cucumber and green onion.