Also known as guihua duck, yanshui duck is a famous dish in Nanjing cuisine. The dish is said to have a history of more than 2,500. This recipe will help you to recreate the famously salty dish at home.
- 2 duck legs
- 50g salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 pcs. star anise
- 10g prickly ash
- Clean the duck leg. Use napkin to ensure the leg is completely dry and a toothpick to prick the skin and meat. Massage the salt into the duck.
- Heat up a wok. Add the salt, prickly ash and star anise to the pan and stir-fry until they turn yellow. Remove the seasonings and set them aside for later use.
- Place the duck into a container, wrap it in plastic and store it in a refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Heat a pot and add the duck leg, ginger, garlic and scallions.
- Add two spoons of Chinese cooking wine and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the duck and set it aside. Allow it to cool to room temperature before cutting it into small pieces. Serve at room temperature.