Light and tasty, pineapple shrimp is the perfect dish for the coming spring. This recipe will help you cook this popular dish.
- 500g shrimp
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper (sweet)
- half a pineapple
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- prickly ash
- Heat up a wok and add the tomato sauce, white vinegar, sugar, salt and water. Stir for around 3 minutes. Remove the paste and reserve for later use.
- Shell the shrimp. Cut the green pepper, red pepper and pineapple into small pieces.
- Put shrimp in a bowl with the Chinese cooking wine and prickly ash. Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a wok and stir-fry the shrimp until they turn crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add a bit oil to the wok and stir-fry the green and red peppers until they soften. Add the sauce, shrimp and pineapple. Stir-fry another 2-3 minutes before serving.