Although it’s a Japanese dish, chicken teriyaki is getting more and more popular in China. Many restaurants in Beijing serve it. The dish is simple to make and only requires a couple different sauces. This simple recipe will help you cook your own at home.
- 2 chicken legs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- dark soy sauce
- Cut the chicken leg open and remove the bone.
- Lightly slice the chicken. Add ginger, salt and Chinese cooking wine and marinate for 5-8 minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, Chinese cooking wine and water in a bowl. Reserve for later use.
- Heat up a pan and fry both sides of the chicken until they turn golden.
- Add the mixed sauce and braise for 2 minutes.
- Add some honey and boil for another 1 minute before serving.