This simple recipe can walk you through making your own delicious beer duck at home.
- half a duck
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 330mL beer
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 5 pieces of rock sugar
- 1 tsp aniseed powder
- 1 piece ginger
- Cut red pepper and green pepper into small sections. Slice the ginger and mash the garlic.
- Clean and cube the duck. Place it in a pot of cold water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the Chinese cooking wine and ginger. Remove the ginger once cooked.
- Heat up a wok and stir fry the garlic. Add the duck and continue to stir-fry.
- Add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce and aniseed powder. Stir-fry for 4 minutes before adding the beer.
- Add the sugar. Braise over a high flame for 40 minutes.
- Add red and green pepper. Boil another 2 minutes before serving.