The increasingly popular hawthorn berry and lotus root dish is easy to make at home. The simple recipe will walk you through preparing your own at home.
- 2 lotus roots
- handful of hawthorn berries
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- osmanthus sugar
- Cut hawthorn berries in half and remove the seeds.
- Fill a wok with water and add the hawthorn berries to the pot. Boil them over a high flame and add some granulated sugar.
- Reduce to a medium flame and remove the hawthorn berries. They should easily mash into a paste. Reserve for later use.
- Remove the skin of lotus roots and slice them. Boil the lotus roots until they soften slightly. Stuff the shanzha paste into the holes of each cooked lotus root. Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with osmanthus sugar.